Thursday, October 7, 2021

This week's lab was about Georeferencing, which is basically adding points to known objects like buildings and street corners in a raster layer to merge them to your map. Do it well enough and the RMS error can be minimal as I learned. The map above I created is of UWF campus, located in Florida with 3 rasters and a eagles nest location off to the right. Online learning is difficult I would say, because there are so many ways to layout a map and I am struggling with confidence in my layouts. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it though, so I am not giving up and hoping feedback will keep my head above water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS Portfolio

The final assignment in the GIS Certificate Program was to create a GIS Portfolio. It went as I expected. It is hard to write about yourself...