Saturday, October 16, 2021

Final Project

Final Project Time!! Can you believe it?! I barely can. This intro class has flown by and what a whirlwind it was. I cannot say that there were times I did not panic. There was some panic, however this final project really wrapped up everything I have learned this class so far. This final project is about a transmission power line being constructed in Manatee and Sarasota Counties, as part of the southwestern portion of Florida. What does that entail you might ask...for this we focused on some objectives that the project faced: conservation lands imposed, wetlands, homes, schools, and the length of the line itself by using a few of the tools ArcGIS has to offer we have learned about so far. The following links are to a transcript and PowerPoint presentation on these objectives and how I analyzed them with my Padawan GIS map making skills. So, select by attributes, intersect those tools and let's get this final party started! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EVZdV5iTOwnP6RinUAx07ztFEIBUKMye/view?usp=sharing https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1--VBJb-exNc-s11kKzfvIXBQKBFGfS-f/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=117785791016538423035&rtpof=true&sd=true

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS Portfolio

The final assignment in the GIS Certificate Program was to create a GIS Portfolio. It went as I expected. It is hard to write about yourself...