Thursday, May 5, 2022

M7: Google Earth

This is the final week of Computer Cartography and it was ended by creating KMZ from ArcGIS, a Google Earth map, and a Google Earth Tour all of South Florida. This was my second time taking ArcGIS layers and creating a KMZ file out of them. Always good to practice these tasks more than once, so this portion was not new to me. I then created a KMZ within Google Earth Pro highlighting 6 areas of South Florida as a video tour. Quite a wonderful feature within Google Earth, because you can zoom around, tilt the view and see the 3D buildings they have created within, and really get a feel for an area. The map below is a screenshot of my creation of this map and tour assignment with all the layers turned on.

\

Comments: I truly learned a great deal in this class that will help me along the way. This final lab was a great insight into some of the technology available and it went smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS Portfolio

The final assignment in the GIS Certificate Program was to create a GIS Portfolio. It went as I expected. It is hard to write about yourself...