Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Module 3: Geoprocessing

This week we were tasked to write a script in Spyder to perform a few tasks, once complete it would successfully run and show start times and success times. Below is a screenshot of the Console results of the script I wrote. The script was designed to add XY coordinates to a hospitals shapefile, create a 1000-meter buffer around the hospitals feature, and also dissolve the buffer into a separate, single feature.

Comments: When I first read through the directions it sounded overwhelming, but I took a deep breath and attacked it line by line. My advice to myself is to do this again in the future and try to not let the entire assignment overwhelm me every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS Portfolio

The final assignment in the GIS Certificate Program was to create a GIS Portfolio. It went as I expected. It is hard to write about yourself...