Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Module 4: Exploring and Manipulating Data

This lab was a beast to get right and working. The Python script was designed to create a new geodatabase, copy data from the data folder to the new geodatabase, populate a dictionary with names and populations of every County Seat city in New Mexico. This was accomplished in basic terms with for loops, search cursors, describe functions, creating a dictionary, and finally printing it. Below is the flowchart image and the console results image of the script in action.

Comments: This would not of worked had it not been for the help of the TA and classmates in the group chat, who pointed me where I needed to go. I made it to step 3 by myself, needed some help in the middle, then was able to finish the end dictionary portion through troubleshooting error messages deep into the night. Took 4 days and I cried a few times, but I hope it is enough to earn a passing grade. 2 more assignments to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS Portfolio

The final assignment in the GIS Certificate Program was to create a GIS Portfolio. It went as I expected. It is hard to write about yourself...